This September, Tom and I had the chance to go on a vacation! An actual vacation. Not to mention a couple days after we would get back it was our three year anniversary. What better way to celebrate it? So, we booked a cruise with my family and our very good friends!!
We booked a Mexican Rivera Cruise on the Carnival Splendor. It was a week long adventure, Sunday to Sunday. The ship would ship out of Long Beach, Californina, make stops in Cabo San Lucas and Putero Vallarta. Then head back to Long Beach, California.
So our adventure began on September 16,2012, at least for Andrea, my sister, and I. We flew out that Sunday, while Tom and friends drove out the day before. They drove straight through. My family left Friday and stayed a night in St. George, then flew from LasVegas, NV to Long Beach, California on Saturday. So everyone was in some way getting to Long Beach, CA to ship out on Sunday. I chose to fly because unfortunately, Tytan stayed behind. I have never left him, hes never stayed they night somewhere or days upon days with out me. But him being so young, I wouldn't have enjoyed mexico and things with him being with me. So I sadly left him here in UT and leaving on Sunday and coming back on Sunday, I didnt have to leave him as long.
Arriving in Long Beach at the Pier was amazing! I had been there before and have toured the Queen Mary 2. But knowing that I was boarding a huge cruise ship was a little frightening.
So we get there and we are super excited to meet up with family, because they are already on board. Andrea and I had to wait for Tom and my friends to arrive at the pier, because I had all of his paper work. So we all meet up and go to board the ship, well any of you who have been on a cruise know that there are lines! Lines and lines of people! This was our first time cursing, so we didnt know what to expect. We waited in lines of people who were also waiting to check in and board. Lines and hundreds of people.... ugh. Worse than Disneyland ride lines. Okay, maybe they equal out.
So finally boarding, it was so thrilling to be on a ship! It was so awesome inside. Oh, yes, I totally forgot to mention this. I left my memory card sitting on the counter at home. Lovely, huh? I know. So I had no way to take pictures, other than my disposable camera. Which got me some of the shots above. So I am waiting on friends who took pictures to email them to me.
The inside of the ship was different, I could almost forget that I was on board a ship. Other than my room didnt have a window. So you never knew what time of day it was, other than your body being so tired from all the fun your having. Room service was free, Tom took advantage of that. He had a BLT most of the nights. We had fine dining every night the food was endless. But it was artsyfartsy food, if you dont know what I mean, let me explain. You order a steak, thinking your going to get a steak, yeah. Okay, it was steak but a small piece of steak with some art sauce on veggies. You would have had to order like three steaks to get full! So almost like going to an expensive restaurant where you pay more for your food to look pretty, rather than giving you a plate with steak and fries from Chilis. Haha! It was a fun experience Other wise our meals were buffet style! Endless. Ice Cream. Fries. Burgers. Indian. ah there was alot to choose from.
There were pools, hot tubs, and slides. They were fun! The kids loved them and spent most of the time in them when we were on the ship. Funniest thing was we found out the hard way the pools are salt water. Not like normal pools you go to. Nathan jumped in and got a mouth full of salt water! Yummy! It was a little more saltier than the oceans it seemed too.
They played movies at night. Oh man, there was karaoke, almost every night. And my parents and the adults loved going and singing. So Tom, myself and our friends went to watch and support. Sadly I will admit, I was so tired after dinners. Being pregnant and doing so many things I was ready for bed by 9 pm. haha. But I ignored it most of the time, and made it to the family comedy shows. They were so funny! Great entertainment! Had a few virgin raspberry daiquiri s. Very yummy!
I didnt know this,but they had a casino on board and a spa! Casino I could care about less, it was a permitted smoking area... yuck. And the Spa was outrageously expensive!
We also loved that when we came back to our rooms for bed there would be all these super cute animals made out of towels!
Some you could figure out what they were, others we werent always sure about.
We spent a day and a half on the ship making our to Cabo San Lucas, Baja Mexico. Where we would be able to play for 2 glorious days! When we arrived there, it was hot, humid, and beautiful! Once the ship was docked, we made our way off the ship as fast as we could, wanting to get to the beach!! I mean who wouldn't want too with all that waiting for you??!! ( below )
![]() |
| lunch from a taco stand. |
![]() |
| We were wittiness's to a car accident. It was awesome. |
Cabo was breathtakingly hot!!! But so beautiful! Ocean water was clear and blue. It was just amazing! I loved every minute of it. Except for being 6 months pregnant and walking the town. Haha! It was a little to hot to handle for me. They little shops to buy things were great fun to look through. Somethings were um, a little interesting and beyond surprising too see in public. Gosh! When sitting on the beach, you were bombard constantly with Mexicans asking if you want to buy this or this.... they dont give up! Even if you were sitting in the ocean they asked!! Annoying but I know thats how they made their living. I am sure my mom really gave them their years worth of American dollars.
Our next stop was Putero Vallarta, we would only get to spend one day there. Which was alright, there was no beaches to look out too, only cars and Wal-Mart. Yes, wally world. It was the complete oppsite of Cabo. Cabo you felt like you were on vacation seeing beaches surround you and pulling into Putero it felt like another city you would see anywhere else.
Well for my husband Walamart was first on the list! He and our friends were just a tad bit to excited to go to a Mexican Walmart. Walmart is Walmart, only here things were in Spanish, Peso s, and cheaper. So that was our plan to shop at Walmart like we were locals, my mom and the kids went on a pirate ship excursion. You get to ride on this awesome pirate ship and hang out with pirates while making your way to this private beach to hang out on, I guess. That is what I was told. On the other hand, my Dad wanted to take my two brothers Deep Sea Fishing. I was almost a little jealous. Since when ever I go fishing I seem to never catch anything and it gets boring really fast. They actually caught fish, I mean fish.
![]() |
| Doesnt look like they came back empty handed. |
![]() |
| Guess it was more awesome because they had covered parking and palm trees. |
![]() |
| This was taken from inside the ship at Breakfast... |
So after making sure, Tom making sure, we had some soda and candy, we checked out. The totals in Pesos would made ya crap your pants if it was really us dollars.
After the Mexican wally world experience, us, as in girls wanted to check out the mall next door. Becca, Andrea and I browsed the mall, while the guys ran back all the stuff we bought at Walmart back to our rooms on the ship. The mall was nice, nice and cool! After they guys found us out in some clothing store, we decided we could go check out this beach that was on a tourist map. So after lunch and a 10 minute tax ride, that my hubby complained about because it was 3 dollars (US) a person, we made it to the beach. We made it to the beach, we were not impressed. They beach was nothing like Cabo. It was very rocky, trying to get out to the water killed your feet. I would have had a better chance walking over hot coals than that. Once you made 2 feet into the water it had a short, but it was there, drop off. And the water was not clear. I dont do well with not seeing what I am stepping on.
So they beach was okay there, made me wish I spent more time in the ocean in Cabo instead of taking one day to shop. I didnt even get anything but like a shirt for Ty.
![]() |
| Guys thought they be Pamela Anderson and Baywatch it. back from trying to find a spot less rocky. |
Our adventure was so much fun! We loved every minute of it. And we loved the staff on the ship. Our steward was so nice! His name was Richard, from the Philippines, I want to say. But he and his wife were expecting their first baby this Oct. and he isn't able to go home till Dec. I felt bad for him, missing out on the birth and first few months of his childs life. My mom wanted to bring him home with us, haha.
Every night of fine dinning we had the same waiter and waitresses. They were all amazing! They all knew us by name and what we liked to eat. All in a week!
So from Sunday to Sunday there was so much fun that was had! But even though I could live on the beach I missed Ty more than ever and I was so excited to get back to him!!!!!!! and I did! The very same day! Since I flew home right away!



























No comments:
Post a Comment