Monday, July 18, 2011

Tys new, going to be, attachment.

Sometime around 6 mos children become attached to certain things. More or a less a blanket or toy.  Well I wanted a blanket that was boyish but not baby boyish. Something that he could have for a few years. So I made one. I have found minky fabric. Which is a softer more durable fleece. That doesnt shrink or lose its soft comfortableness. Then I chose a Camo cotton print to go on top, to match our awesome Camo diaper bag!  Here is the results! 




Then I had extra fabric over, So I made a Taggie. Not only do kids get attached to things, they love tags. So the idea of  a taggie is to put ribbon on it. That way it looks like a tag, on a blanket that they can chew and carry with them. It also beats them carrying around a giant blanket everywhere you dont want that blanket to go. So the taggie is the same materials as the big blanket. For security purposes! : D 
 It was my first time sewing with Minky, I am not the best sewing person, but it turned out okay. 









He seems to love it! Go me!

 On the other Hand, Ty now officially crawls! On his hands and knees. Most of the time, other wise he still army crawls. Hes pro at that.  He is also able to sit up by himself  ( from tummy to his bum )  all by himself. He is also learning to pull himself up on things. anything that's higher than him, including the walls.  Ty can also feed himself. Hes learned the pincer grasps with this thumb and pointer finger! He loves the ( Gerber ) puffs and bread. We can't wait to give him more things to eat when hes bigger and learns how to really chew his food.  


1 comment:

  1. Is that what that kind of fabric is called? Minky. I have been looking for some and can't find it. Where did you find it? Good job on the blanket and taggie! I didn't know you sewed ;) Also, I've been working on the grocery cart cover. I'm making a practice one for myself first. It's been kind of confusing, but the second time around will be MUCH faster. I'll show it to you once I finish and see what you think. Then we can get on to picking out your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete