Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Across the State. Twice.

Tytan and I have recently just got back from our travels. We traveled to St. George to watch my sister, Andrea, run at her track meet over the weekend. It was wonderful to see her, and watch her do what she does best. Run. I haven't seen her since she moved down there in Feb. to live with Grandma. And I had yet to see Grandmas new house. Which by the way was beautiful.  
Tytan and I traveled down with my family, and that was a ride, 5 hours in a car with kids who start to go crazy because they have been sitting to long. Fun, huh? Okay they were doing much better than they have in the past, I'll give them that. Tytan, however, amazingly slept the whole way there and back. Maybe waking up once to eat for 5 minutes before dulling of to sleep with the rhythm of the car against the road.  Hes such a good baby. :D  While I was excited to leave snowy cold Logan and Salt Lake to hit warm sunshiny St. George, we arrived to cold, windy weather. So while sitting at the track meet, in cold, wet, and windy weather with a baby was not an easy task. And to make it worse, no one really ever knows how to run a track meet on schedule. It took forever to get to Andrea's events. Although, when finished with her races, her times placed her into the finals. So on sat, we all traveled back over to Pine View High School to watch the final races. Exciting, no not really. It was raining all that day and she missed placing for state by like a foot. 

So when the track meets ended, we were able to spend time with Grandma D.  Which was nice, we played cards and the Wii.  Tytans aunts and uncles loved spending time with him. Each time I laid him on the floor, they were right next to him keeping him company. They also got a kick out of Tytan this weekend, because Tytan had some gas which gave him loud nasty smelling farts. You know how boys, and young kids think thats so funny.  But it was nice, he was entertained and they were entertained. I could relax. Not to mention Grandma and Great Grandma loved holding him also. Grandpa was okay holding him till he cried. 
So we arrived on a cold wet Friday only to leave on a gorgeous sunshiny Sunday.  You  could just feel the suns warmth, ah.  Then Monday morning came back to snowy Logan.  Overall it was a great trip, Tom wasn't able to come and I missed him terribly but it was nice to spend time with my family, more or less my sister that I don't see very much anymore.  :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment